So as many of you already know, I accidentally chopped my hand open while cutting some clay (beware of clay!). As a result, I’m noticing all the things that I usually do with my left hand that I had just assumed before that I do with my right, since I’m right handed.
Young-Jin and I once did a training on left and right handedness, but I now realize that you have to live it to REALLY know when you need that other hand.
Things I used to do with my left hand before it got a hole
1) Hit the spacebar.
2) Open stuff (soymilk top, shampoo bottle, all jars and twist tops)
3) Apply make-up and face lotion.
4) Pick my totebag up (to swing on my right shoulder)
5) Dig into bags (my totebag, chip bags, cereal bags, bags of snacks)
6) Button my clothes in under 20 seconds
. . . and the list goes on. But seriously, who knew?!
**5/29 – Ryan requested a picture. So here it is. Not for the squeamish, but it’s cool as far as scars go.